INCI: Phenoxyethanol; Benzoic AcidProduct Category: Preservative
Verstatil® BP is a synergistic blend of phenoxyethanol and benzoic acid is ideal if a low dosage of the preservative is desired. It reliably preserves with broad activity against bacteria and fungi. Verstatil® BP does not lead to discoloration of the product.
The optimum pH range is between 4.0 – 6.0. This product is ideal if low use concentration is desired. It is perfectly suitable for emulsions, surfactant-based and water-based products, also for wet wipes.
It can be hot or cold processed. In emulsions, this product can be added to the water or oil phase at any point during the manufacturing process. In surfactant-based products, it is recommended to mix with the water phase before thickening.
Features & Benefits of Verstatil® BP
- Appearance: colourless to yellowish liquid
- Synergistic combination of phenoxyethanol and benzoic acid
- No isothiazolinone/parabens/formaldehyde-releasers/halogenorganic compounds
- Avoid the discoloration problem occurring with traditional preservatives in surfactant-based formulations or wet wipes
- Colourless alternative to common BPD blends (benzoic acid; phenoxyethanol; dehydroacetic acid)
- For all types of cosmetic products, especially rinse-off
- Baby Care
- Colour Cosmetics
- Hair Care
- Oral Care
- Skin Care
- Skin Cleansing
- Sun Care
- Wet Wipes
Looking for more ideas and innovations for your next project? Check out our featured Grow Your Know: Formulating Natural Shampoo Bars!
Verstatil® BP INCI: Phenoxyethanol; Benzoic Acid